- The Recap: Game 5 – ECQF: Rangers vs. Habs
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 5
- What Just Happened? Rangers top Habs 3-2 in OT
- The Forum: The First Round… So Far
- Dwight King Not Proving His Worth
- What Just Happened? Rangers Even the Series
- The Recap: Game 4 – ECQF – Habs vs Rangers
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 4
- Montreal’s trade deadline acquisitions are paying off
- What Just Happened? Habs quiet Rangers, take 2-1 lead
Bournival Receives Qualifying Offer From Habs
- Updated: June 21, 2015
Michael Bournival has clearly made a lasting impression in a blue, white, and red sweater.
The Montreal Canadiens are giving a two-way offer to the 23 year old left-winger, who ended last season with five points in just 29 games until he was sent back down to the AHL. Not only did his absence make room for the more experienced depth players, but it was later revealed that Bournival had suffered a concussion late in the season that forced him to step off the ice and on to the disabled list in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Since he’s been given the green light to resume training, Bournival is ready to review his offer with the team at the opening of training camp in Brossard in September. “We are in discussions with the leadership of the Canadiens. I would say the case is progressing” explained Christian Daigle (Bournival’s agent) in a phone interview according to La Presse.
The third-round draft pick from the Colorado Avalanche that was given to the Canadiens in 2010 in exchange for defenseman Ryan O’Byrne didn’t play his first 2014-15 regular season game until November 4th and had been a regular healthy scratch throughout the season. The difficulty of gaining the trust of the coaching staff, possibly due to the fear of another concussion (as he received one last season as well) didn’t give Bournival the chance to show off his best assets, which are his speed and work ethic, but hopefully this season will give the young gun a chance to rack up more points and be an effective bottom-six player for the Canadiens.
Follow Jessica-Lyn on Twitter: @EarlxGreat