- The Recap: Game 6 ECQF: Habs vs Rangers
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 6
- What Just Happened? Habs’ Season Ends at MSG
- The Recap: Game 5 – ECQF: Rangers vs. Habs
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 5
- What Just Happened? Rangers top Habs 3-2 in OT
- The Forum: The First Round… So Far
- Dwight King Not Proving His Worth
- What Just Happened? Rangers Even the Series
- The Recap: Game 4 – ECQF – Habs vs Rangers
Dale Weise Accepts Therrien’s Challenge
- Updated: October 23, 2014
Michel Therrien doesn’t usually call out his players in public. However, he did that just hours before the game against the Detroit Red Wings by challenging Dale Weise to play with more intensity.
That game gave Weise an opportunity to play alongside Lars Eller and Rene Bourque on the Habs’ third line – replacing Jiri Sekac.
After watching the previous two games from the stands, the Manitoban didn’t register a point but he played with more intensity. He finished the game with three shots and six hits. His six hits represented a team-high that game.
With a team in perfect health, the Habs have no shortage of options for their third and fourth lines. Since the beginning of the season, Weise, along with Travis Moen, Michaël Bournival and Jiri Sekac have been battling for the last two available positions.
Despite being a healthy scratch twice this season, Weise isn’t grumbling about his role with the team.
In four games this season, Weise has not collected a point and has a minus-3 rating.