- The Recap: Game 5 – ECQF: Rangers vs. Habs
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 5
- What Just Happened? Rangers top Habs 3-2 in OT
- The Forum: The First Round… So Far
- Dwight King Not Proving His Worth
- What Just Happened? Rangers Even the Series
- The Recap: Game 4 – ECQF – Habs vs Rangers
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 4
- Montreal’s trade deadline acquisitions are paying off
- What Just Happened? Habs quiet Rangers, take 2-1 lead
Habs Acquire Canucks Forward Kassian
- Updated: July 1, 2015
Former Vancouver Canucks right-winger Zack Kassian has signed a deal with the Montreal Canadiens with the Canucks grabbing Brandon Prust and a 5th-round pick. The Habs have also picked up a 5th round pick in 2016 from the Canucks.
The 24 year old grabbed 16 points (10 goals, six assists) in the 2014-15 regular season and is a decent player who underachieves. While he may not be the super natural scorer the Habs fans want and has poor defensive impact, Kassian’s possession numbers are that of a decent third liner (his offensive production is quite better) and will be a 1.75M cap hit for the Habs next season, giving GM Marc Bergevin plenty of room to resign young guns like Alex Galchenyuk, Jarred Tinordi, and Christian Thomas.
As for Brandon Prust, the 31 year old left-winger grabbed 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) in 82 matches during the 2014-15 regular season, as well as grabbing 134 penalty minutes and 122 hits all while keeping an average of 24:57 minutes on the ice.
A pretty good choice on Bergevin’s part.
Follow Jessica-Lyn on Twitter: @EarlxGreat