- What Does the Habs’ Defense Look Like with Jerabek?
- Knee Surgery for Habs Alexei Emelin
- Report: Habs Sign KHL Defenseman Jakub Jerabek
- Bergevin: Price is Staying, Galchenyuk is a Wing for Now
- The Recap: Game 6 ECQF: Habs vs Rangers
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 6
- What Just Happened? Habs’ Season Ends at MSG
- The Recap: Game 5 – ECQF: Rangers vs. Habs
- The Recency Bias: Round 1 – Game 5
- What Just Happened? Rangers top Habs 3-2 in OT
Ryan White with the Flyers
- Updated: August 9, 2014
Would you get a Philadelphia Flyers jersey because Ryan White wasn’t re-signed by the Habs? I don’t think so… Yes, I read that somewhere on the Twittersphere.
In my opinion, recently signed free agent Manny Malhotra is an upgrade in almost every way. Sure, his prime years are behind him, but he will surely put up more points than White and he’s better in the face-off circle. He’s not as quick, but he’s also not as lamebrained (ok, maybe a bit harsh!).
While I agree that White and Dale Weise appeared to have chemistry, it seemed like all fourth line combos looked better once Weise arrived in Montreal.
I am happy White signed with a team, too bad it’s with the Flyers. I never had any problems with White being on the fourth line and his contract was in-line with his role.
I think people tend to overrate him a bit because his grit was embraced by many Habs fans when he arrived. Finally, a player who would stick up for his teammates and take on some of the tough guys. His fight with Johnny Boychuck was a classic – one I won’t forget.
[vsw id=”Aq8UoFcgtJM” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
I wish him all the best, but buying a Flyers jersey. That would take a huge turn of events to ever catch me wearing one…
Go Habs Go!